Closed for 2022
Next Cycle: January 2023
The EpicPromise Scholars grant is a scholarship of up to US$10,000/CA$13,000 for the kids of U.S. or Canadian Vail Resorts employees. This scholarship is intended to assist recipients with tuition expenses for vocational degree programs, bachelor’s degree programs, or specialized degree programs, such as nursing*.
Distributed in amounts of US$2,500/CA$3,250 each year, this scholarship is renewable up to three years and is based on maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 each year. The total scholarship award will not exceed US$10,000/CA$13,000 CAD over the course of four years.
*The EpicPromise Scholars grant is only valid for the standard length of the degree program.
Who is eligible?
- Children/dependents (up to age 26) of a United States or Canadian Vail Resorts employee (full-time, part-time or with Seasonal Inactive Status). In general, a minor or young adult who is dependent on their parent or guardian for financial assistance, and is therefore claimed on their parent's income taxes.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certificate program.
- Household income is at or below:
- Two-Person Household: US$120,680/CA$156,900 (refer to our Income Qualifications for more details).
- This increases by approximately US$32,000 / CA$40,000 for each additional family member.
- The application will also take into account additional parameters of wealth and financial need via your FAFSA application or T4 form.
Where is EpicPromise Scholars offered?
- EpicPromise Scholars is only offered in the U.S. and Canada. It is not currently available for employees of Perisher, Hotham or Falls Creek in Australia.
What does the application require?
- Proof of financial need, as demonstrated by:
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid for U.S. students (more info at www.fafsa.gov).
- Canadian T4 tax return for Canadian students.
- 3 Short-Answer Questions
- 3.0 GPA (non-weighted) - Though not required, most of our recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for the duration of their scholarship.
- Community Service – Strong applicants demonstrate an average of 40 hours of community service over the last 4 years.
- Letter of Recommendation – One letter of recommendation from a school administrator, academic reference or professional reference.
- Interview – Shortly after your application has been submitted, you will be invited to complete a phone or virtual interview with a Vail Resorts employee.
Does everyone who applies receive a scholarship?
- Per IRS regulations, EpicPromise Scholars grants are awarded to no more than 25% of eligible applicants.