Giving back to our communities is a fundamental part of the Vail Resorts culture. In fact, it is included as one of our six foundational values – Do Good. We encourage departments to complete volunteer projects together as a fun and worthwhile way to develop working relationships. Vail Resorts deploys hundreds of teams each year to local organizations, helping stock food banks, reading to local students, building new trails, and more.
To organize a project for your team, check out a list of local opportunities curated in each community below.
- Eagle County, CO
- Summit County, CO
- Front Range, CO
- Park City, UT
- South Lake Tahoe
- North Lake Tahoe
- Stowe, VT
- Whistler, BC - coming soon!
- Telluride, CO - coming soon!
- Roaring Fork Valley, CO - coming soon!
- Afton Alps area - coming soon!
- Mt. Brighton area - coming soon!
- Wilmot area - coming soon!
Once you have an idea of what you’d like to do, let EpicPromise know of your plans and please complete the following steps to set up your own team-based volunteer project:
- Make contact. Reach out to the organization to discuss and finalize project needs and available dates.
- Motivate the troops. Get your team on-board by sharing the impact of the organization you’ll be volunteering with and exactly what you’ll be doing for them.
- Dress the part. Please ask your partner organization what volunteers should wear and bring. When possible, please wear EpicPromise t-shirts or hats.
- Document the day. Take photos of your group in action! Please share a brief write-up of your team’s project as well as photos with EpicPromise. We would love to share your story in future employee and community communications.
- Details, details, details. Fill out this brief Team Volunteer Survey.